In Her Shoes: Youth Express! 15-30 yrs old
IN HER SHOES: Youth Express! 15-30 years old
In Her Shoes: Youth Express! is a paid employment program for employment-ready young women (cis and trans) & gender-diverse people who are experiencing significant barriers to securing employment. In this fast-tracked version of our youth program, participants receive technical training and work experience in our bricks & clicks social enterprise store, In Her Shoes, where we sell gently-loved accessories and shoes. Participants will earn minimum wage, equivalent to 40 hours/week.
- Cis/trans women and non-binary people between the ages of 15-30;
- Ready and willing to secure immediate employment;
- A Canadian citizen, or permanent resident or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- Legally entitled to work in Canada;
- In accordance with funding requirements, priority in hiring will be given to youth facing barriers to finding and keeping employment.
- Program Time: Monday to Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Program Duration: Each session runs for 11 weeks at a time
- Program Location: 102 King St West, Kitchener & virtually via zoom
- Bus Pass, work uniform, and a meal support are included.
Session Start Dates:
- Fall Session: October 25, 2021
- Winter Session: January 10, 2021
- Spring Session: March 8, 2022
Eight participants will be selected to participate during each intake period. To apply for the program please complete the following two steps. If you need assistance, please contact us.
- Step 1: Complete our online registration form.
- Step 2: Once your registration form has been received participants will be contacted to schedule a follow up meeting to talk further about their application and receive a tour of the In Her Shoes retail store and work space.
For Questions or Assistance Contact:
Gillian Marrow, Employment Counsellor, In Her Shoes (Youth)
Olivia Davitt, Employment Counsellor, In Her Shoes (Youth)
Funding Provided By:
Employment and Social Development Canada